Monday, August 3, 2009

Raining Yellow

Some would say I'm one hell of an idiot since I slept through history happening. I would be a hypocrite if I would say that I am not moved at all of the passing of former president Corazon Aquino.

I was only thankful that I was able to get out of Makati by 10am but I slept through the entire broadcast of her casket passing through Ayala Avenue raining with Yellow confetti and imagining her passing Ninoy's statue..well gave me goosebumps.

I grew up seeing Cory as the only Philippine president and was quite surprised that there was a next election. I remember seeing my baby pictures wearing a Cory t-shirt and my mom tells me that they brought me to Plaza Libertad in Iloilo to celebrate the victory of the EDSA revolution.

If not for both Ninoy and Cory, I would have grown up to see a different Philippines and it saddens me somehow that what they did is starting not to make sense because everywhere you go, you see corruption in the country. I just hope that somehow, her passing will call for all the current politicians to stop all their non-sense of being power hungry and just simply care for their country.

I guess I would say thank you to Cory and for all her contributions. They will always be remembered. I just hope that she continues to pray in heaven that this country could finally have the truest sense of freedom that she fought for.

No comments:

Post a Comment