Thursday, April 22, 2010

Gone Too Soon

I woke up today with the news that one of my friends from high school has passed. We may not have been the best of friends but I think high school was totally different without her. Somehow, she always has news to share with us when we try to gather for dinner at least once or twice a year.
 She has a contagious laugh, so much juicy stories to tell us, and has great taste in food. 

I knew that she was sick for some time but no one dares to talk about it. I saw that she has chosen to live and enjoy her life.
 About two weeks ago, I had this dream about losing my teeth. Whenever I have that dream, someone I know would join God shortly. I did not expect it to be her.

I guess I will lack one face I know if ever we will still have our big clan family reunion.
 I will miss you my friend. I thank you for all the memories. It is just sinking in now how I will no longer see you during school reunions. I will always have the memories of going to your house or you in ours, of the countless birthdays, of sharing one crush but none will admit to it, the school plays, how you always have a quote about love and how much you wanted to play Jules in My Best Friend's Wedding since that is your favorite movie, your dramas in high school and now all the dinners we will have and will miss you since you we will no longer hear your stories.

I will pray that you find peace and I know God will shower you the love that you so talked about when you were still with us. We may not be always in good terms but I thank you for making my life colorful as well. I know you're in a better place now where there is no sickness and just simply happiness and love.
 I'll miss you. Rest in peace Valerie.

No comments:

Post a Comment