Saturday, January 1, 2011

Salcedo Market

It's been quite a while since my last entry. Let me tell you about the time we were supposed to go on Galleon Andalucia but ended up in Salcedo Market. Tom, wanted to get on board the galleon for his birthday but the lines were just too long and everyone coming from work just seemed too tired to even line up several kilometers at the Manila South Harbor.
So off we went to Salcedo Market instead. The only thing we can compare it too is Banchetto in Ortigas which I would have to classify this in a different category. We found Salcedo Market to be quite organized and we can even find a table where we can eat properly.

There's a lot of stuff one can find in Salcedo:

Fresh fruits, vegetables and flowers

Breads
Kefir
Cotton Candy
Dimsum which I really liked and cheap enough
Different cuisines like French, Italian and Spanish
I loved the German Wine selection

There's even lechon baka
When I get another chance I would love to go back here. The paella I saw there seems worth a try.

And of course we had a really great time to bond with my IBM friends.

1 comment:

  1. wooooow they roast a pig there! i have to go here :) there's also a weekend market in fort and legaspi village :)

    ReplyDelete