Friday, February 11, 2011

Bonchon

It seems that a lot of international franchises are now in Manila. Among the new favorites is Bonchon wings which is a Korean franchise that became a hit in the US.
I liked the cozy interiors of the place and the unique mural on the wall.
Since it's always packed, we decided to have it to go. I ordered the small box of Wings (PHP 185). You have two flavors to choose from, Soy Garlic or Hot and Spicy. I got the latter one since we had a tolerance for spicy food.
This was where my tolerance got tested. The wings were really spicy--not Filipino palate spicy but much more than that. What we liked about it though, is that even though it was really hot, you can still taste the flavors of the chicken. Double frying the chicken seems to have preserved the "chickeny" flavor. I also liked the crispness of the skin.

Next time though I will opt for the Soy Garlic. The hot and spicy seems perfect though with bottles of beer.

Bonchon chicken is located at Ayala Triangle.

No comments:

Post a Comment