Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Wannabe Chef: Pesto Cream Spaghetti with bacon and smoked Salmon

This is my attempt to replicate the pasta I had tried from Bacolod's Cafe Uma. It wasn't as good but I would say pretty close. Making this dish is pretty simple.

You will need:
A pack of spaghetti or any pasta of your choice (linguine would be good too)
Cream
Bacon or panchetta
Chopped Garlic
Olive Oil
Basil
Parmesan Cheese

1. Cook you pasta until al dente. Reserve a little bit of the pasta water.
2. Prepare your pesto in advance by placing basil, olive oil and garlic in a food processor or blender. Add parmesan cheese in the end.
3. Cut your bacon into 1/2 inch strips. Fry the bacon.
4. Once bacon is golden brown, add the pasta and pesto, mix well. Add a little pasta water.
5. Turn off the fire then add the cream.
6. Top off with smoked salmon slices.

Choking and I loved this pasta dish. If you want to save time, you can prepare your pesto in advanced or purchase a bottle of pesto from the supermarket. Feel free to try sun dried tomato pesto insted of basil pesto.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Catz this looks really good. I think I'll try to make it on my next restday :)

    Patty
    http://mrspcuyugan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete