Sunday, November 20, 2011

Deco's Original Lapaz Batchoy

A trip to Iloilo will never be complete without going to Deco's Lapaz Batchoy specifically the one you can find in Lapaz Market. If you ask me why the Lapaz Market branch, answer is simple--the original owners of Deco's operates this branch. Among all the Deco's branches i the city, I find that there is an X-factor in the original branch. I'm not sure what it is but after trying out the other branches, I only want to go to this one.


We had a quick meal before going to the Airport for our flight back to Manila. I like my batchoy to have not much fuss, no extra egg or whatsoever. I just ordered the Super. The broth or caldo is very flavorful with generous toppings of pork, beef, innards, liver and crispy chicharon. Of course the caldo is refillable 
Marlon looks very happy with his bowl of batchoy. It's his first time in this branch. This is one of the places that I know about and he doesn't in Iloilo and I finally found an edge. LOL
What I love about this branch is not just the batchoy but the nostalgia of seeing all the football relics they have on the walls. There were two world cup matchball replicas, the German National team (Die National Mannshaft) back in the 90s and more. 


So when in Iloilo make sure to visit this branch specifically. I think it's the best way to experience batchoy, having it at the place where it started.


Deco's Original Lapaz Batchoy is located at the Lapaz Public Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment