Monday, October 22, 2012

Rub Ribs & Bbq

It's been a while since I've last seen my friend Shai. We were both busy with work for the past few months--well she was waaaay busier. I finally got hold of her on a Saturday night and we ended up starting or catch up weekend at Rub Ribs in Kapitolyo.

We've never been to Rub before so we ended up walking a bit since we got a little lost. Good thing it was just the two of us so we were able to sit by the bar.


Rub seems like a quiet neighborhood place hence the few tables inside. We started with the soup of the day which was Mushroom (PHP 100). We requested for one order to be split into 2 and we had a really good start. Since the soup was blended, I can taste the mushroom in every spoonful. Usually I've tried this kind of soup in hotels or expensive restaurants and I think it was a good deal at Rub.

We ordered the Super Duo (PHP 370) which has a whole rack of ribs plus two sides. We had Grilled Buttered Corn and Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes. The ribs were tender and flavorful. The size was just right for the two of us. The sides were perfect as well.

I ordered an extra serving of coleslaw (PHP 65) since I felt I haven't had my serving of veggies for the day.

I had Welch's Grape Soda (PHP 60) to wash everything down.

We stayed long--enjoying all the stories from the office. The place was cozy enough to be able to bond with Shai.

We had a good time at Rub. The servings are just right and quite cheap too for the delicious food that we had. The waiters were kind enough too. Shai found an insect in her glass of juice and they just replaced it unlike other restaurants that you need to engage staff in a debate. This was definitely added points.

Rub is located at East Capitol Drive, Brgy Kapitolyo Pasig City.

No comments:

Post a Comment