Wednesday, January 16, 2013

La Creperie

Once in a while I crave for alone time and somehow I like to do it at a restaurant where I know that I can only eat there when I'm by myself. 

I picked out La Creperie at Robinsons Galleria for some me time. The place just seemed so inviting with its cozy chairs and warm lighting. The selection of TWG teas on the shelves somehow proves that this is all about being cozy.

I was seated right away and offered the menu. I like crepes a lot but recently it was always dessert crepes--I was in the mood for something savory.

I chose the Campagne (PHP 195) with bacon, caramelized onions, potato, cheese and jalapeno--what more can I ask for? The buttery scent of the crepe immediately made me giddy as my plate reached me. 

As I sunk my knife into the crepe, melted cheese just oozed out. Flavors were balanced out with each bite--saltiness from the bacon, sweetness of the onions and a little kick from the jalapeno. I drizzled a little bit of tobasco for more spice. Textures were balance out from the soft crepe, melted cheese, crispy potatoes and bacon. The small serving of house salad on the side complemented the rich taste of the crepe and of course balanced out my meal (healthwise hehe).

The silvermoon tea from TWG will be a great way to cap your meal.

I savored my quiet time at Le Creperie. The staff was accommodating enough and the place was cozy for some me time. I would come back for another dose of savory crepes. If I'm coming back with a friend, I think I would save more crepe for dessert.

 La Creperie is located at Robinsons Galleria. the also have a branch at Eastwood Mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment