Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Tsumura Sushi Bar & Restaurant

Craving for Japanese food lead me to discover there's one near my office. I can always smell the katsudon kind of smell whenever I pass by Valero going to Paseo Center but I can't find which restaurant the smell is coming from. 

Turns out, in the 2nd floor of a building lies one of the best sushi places in Manila. 

So I sort of tricked my sister Choking to join me for dinner one time. The pictures online looks so good that I wanted to try this hidden gem (well a lot of people know about it except me).

We were seated right away and decided we want sushi. Hot towels were provided to prepare us for a good meal. The trick is knowing what kind of sushi do you want. I usually order just maguro or salmon but decided its time I try uni. Yes! This is my first time.

We were served appetizers of marinated mackerel. It was slightly sour and resembles ceviche or kinilaw. We had a good start.

We had the Sushi Nigiri Kiri (PHP 650) to share. This plate had the freshest sushi in Manila. The salmon and maguro were melt in your mouth with a slight hint of wasabi. Each piece was perfection with not too much rice so your can really savor each. The set came with a bowl of miso soup with clams.

We loved the sushi a lot that we had two extra orders of maguro sushi (PHP 65 each) and uni (PHP 80). The uni was so fresh and makes you long for a trip to the beach.

Choking had the Maguro Nuta (PHP 230) as she wanted something light only.

I had the Katsu Tama Ju (PHP 390) which is usually my staple at Japanese restaurants. It came  in a cute painted box and a bowl of miso soup with clams. The pork was tender but something that was just ok for me. It wasn't something that I'm crazy about.


The small Chawan Mushi (PHP 190) was so light and fluffy that this is the best one I had ever. 


They served us fruits to finish our meal.

I had the best sushi at Tsumura. It is pretty steep but I'm willing to spend for sushi that good. I will definitely come back...on payday!

Tsumura is located at the 2nd Floor Corporate Center, Valero cor Sedeno st. Makati City.

1 comment: