Wednesday, May 27, 2009

One crazy food trip to Dasmariñas Cavite

The idea of an instant trip to Dasmariñas came when I saw online that there was an Arabic restaurant in Robinsons Dasmariñas. Since everyone was free and Sans and I need German and French tutorials badly from Shai so we had an instant road trip to Dasma.

Tom toured us around De La Salle University Dasmariñas. I admire how La Salle thinks about the structure of its school buildings. As a student in Taft for a little more than 3 years, the white Greek columns that graced LS building and Yuchengco has given La Salle an iconic image through its buildings. In La Salle Bacolod, I remember a great touch of Filipino while I stayed in Balay Kalinungan. La Salle Dasma seems like its in another world...well more like Intramuros. I just liked that there are so many trees around. I loved the fact that they have a lagoon and a like with real fish in it.

The church though was just lovely. Here's a photo I took of it.


The museum's structure would also remind you of the traditional bahay na bato. Manong guard was kind enough to let us see the ground floor even if the museum was closed. There one can find things that were dug up in Pampanga after Mount Pinatubo errupted.

As darkness falls in Cavite, everything seemed peaceful. We also went to the track oval and passed by the other buildings. Too bad it was already too dark for me to post right beneath the soccer goal. Sans was reminiscing in the granstand the gig she had before with her band Kastigo.

Here are more pictures of DLSU-D:
The cafeteria


A structure beside the church paterned after Aguinaldo's house in Kawit

Lake

Museo La Salle

We then went to Robinsons to eat at Souk Kafe. The place seems really warm and cozy. I love the details they placed around the restaurant for that Arabic feel. We were so hungry by the time we got there that we felt we could gobble anything up. We ordered their Iced tea. I think it was called Anantya iced tea. The tea even came from Dubai and it tastes so good, not like the sugary iced teas we get from fastfood places in the metro. Tom got the mint-pineapply drink, not really my type but he likes it.

We ordered the Souk Specialite pizza with sausages, mushrooms and veggies. It was thin and soft and you feel like you want the whole plate just for you. The pizza are called Manqoush


We also had the seafood curry and biryani as well. The curry taste of both dishes was just right. Although I would have preferred seeing real crabmeat instead of just kani. The proportion was just right for one person and the price quite reasonable.


I loved their Vigan platter. Since I'm a huge fan of longganisa from Ilocos and missed it so much, I really enjoyed this dish. You get slices of garlicky Vigan Longganis paired with Salted egg and tomato. Just perfect.
We also oredered the Crummbed Dory that comes with rice and potato salad. The batter was crunchy and the fish was really tender. The sauce was also light tasting which neutralizes the taste of the curry dishes.

We then ordered dessert Helwa Mango. These are flambed mango slices with white chocolate chips, syrup and cream on the side. The sweetness of the mango was just right and the fruit was really tender. The chocolate chips added the sweet kick to the dessert as well.

As a way to stay awake for the long ride back to Manila, we ordered their Turkish coffee and Cafe Latte, both coffees have a nice rich aroma with a nutty taste. Both were pretty strong as well. It was a good way to end our big meal.



7 comments:

  1. Great photos as always! :) I really enjoyed our trip! DLSU Dasmariñas is so beautiful. The food at Souk Kafe was unforgettable as well. Till the next road/food trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still craving for the Helwa Mango *droool*.. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. u saved my life was looking for an arabic place in dasma , god bless u

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanna try out there.. oh my..http://www.cdokay.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. gud day i would like to inform to all of us if you know michael rigor bautista one of security guard from alfonso cavity he have bad record here and cases here in central azucarera in nasugbu batangas ( kasabwat sa pag nanakaw) pls. contact me on my number 092796100873 o mag sadya sa aming opisina d2 sa central ... baka po kayo ay mabiktima rin kagaya namin maraming salam

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found good catering services in Cavite. Check their site Catering Services in Bacoor Cavite

    ReplyDelete