Saturday, October 24, 2015

Food Tasting: RichGold Weddings

As we were scouting for venues, we were given a package rate of RichGold Weddings with Le Parc and I thought...not bad. We were trying not to go overboard with spending for the wedding as some of the rates gets crazier every year.

We finally spoke with one of the AEs, Jed during the Themes and Motiffs bridal fair and they let us try the appetizers. It was okay for me but M liked it and encouraged me to consider them as our caterer.


When I was invited to go their grand food tasting at Eton Centris (okay this was a few months back), me and my sister Celine decided to go since it was a sunday anyway. Jed gladly found us a seat and asked the waiters to serve us the food.

They weren't kidding when the said food tasting as it really was tasting portions. like few tiny pieces of this and that. I can feel the disappointment from my sister as we tried not to eat lunch expecting that we can get full.


Jed pointed out the menu to us which honestly I don't remember the names of the dishes. We were welcome to try out their other dishes in case we didn't like the food served that day--and yes I did not like it at all. I had expectations from their food as the appetizers they served during the bridal fair was promising. Worse--it was dead cold! The dishes were in chafing dishes before they got portions for us to try (we didn't even see the buffet table). Could they at least turn on the heat on those chafing dishes as they were designed for that anyway?

Table settings have different themes on them--travel, winter, spring, summer or autumn. I asked Jed if we can mix and match items from one theme to the other. He said only the flowers can be changed but everything else will be retained to comply with the theme. Personally I wanted our tables to look personalized and something that resembles me and M. 






I do hope there were able to make improvements these past few months. I myself decided to look for a different caterer. I cannot compromise the quality of the food we will be serving.

2 comments: