Monday, June 29, 2009

Breakfast Haven

A family trip to Tagaytay was one thing I did not expect. Despite the lack of sleep, I did not fail to convince my parents that we eat at Breakfast at Antonio's.

If you think you're going back to the nice white house with the beautiful view of Taal volcano, think again. They have actually transferred to the old Antonio's but nevertheless, one could not be disappointed.

We were greeted by a nice sunny weather, cool Tagaytay air and very hospitable staff. The furnishings were not disappointing as well.

We ordered salad with pears in white truffle vinegrette. The greens were fresh and crunchy. The candied walnuts gave just the right amount of sweetness. The pears were sweet. I love the nutty kick of the arugula as well. But the truffle oil in the dressing was what made my day.

I ordered the spanish chorizo fritata and was craving for it for a long time. The eggs were fluffy, the spiciness of the chorizo also made it a very good morning. The cheese made a good binder of the different tastes and textures of the dish.

My Dad got the corned beef and he is an avid fan of corned beef as I can remember. He barely talked as he ate. I was able to taste it. the beef was really tender and tasty.
My baby sister got the Eggs Florentine. It looks so good. I'll order it on my next visit.
My other sister got the 4 cheese omelette...really good too. I lack words to describe it.
I forgot the name of what my mom ordered. It was beef on top of thinly layered potatoes. The beef was really tasty too.

Our guests got the Recado longganisa, they said it was really delicious too.
It's just not the food though that I enjoy at Breakfast at Antonio's but it was the dinning experience. The chef even greeted us, turns out his wife was my mom's student in AC. The staff was very friendly and the service was fast. They seemed to make sure you get served right away. The ambiance was just lovely...perfect for a nice family brunch.

I would definitely go back especially they gave us a gift certificate. Even with no GC though, I would definitely have another Antonio's experience.

1 comment: