Monday, December 14, 2009

Backpacking inaguration: Singapore

I have always wanted to see a live football match. So when the opportunity arrived to watch Liverpool in Singapore. I just grabbed that chance even if I wanted to see Manchester United so badly in Kuala Lumpur instead. Some friends invited me to go with them instead. Everything seems so exciting until one of them backed out. The other one wanted his own room, so I decided to stay in a hostel for the first time ever.
So what does this mean exactly? It's all about trying to travel backpacker way. So of course my back hurts from all the stuff I was carrying. I'm really bad at packing light. It also was the first time that I have to stay in a room with nine other people of most of them were guys. Some of them sleeping naked is both a good and a bad thing. It was my first to use a common bathroom with guys. Good thing the Inn Crowd bathrooms were really clean. Everyone thought I was weird though because I shower twice a day.It was great to meet a lot of people all over the world though. The friends Chinese Computer Geniuses figured out the Wifi for me. The Germans always make it a point to say hello when they see you. The cute French Guys were well...cute. the Australian was really friendly and shared some travel tips along with a mug of beer at a crazy Indian bar.

As for the game, it was a good game by Liverpool and Torres was like a god on the pitch except that some nasty Singaporean kept pulling at my bag whenever I get up to celebrate a goal. So my conclusion is, Singapore is a good place to visit even if expensive, just don't watch a football match as some of them were killjoys.


No comments:

Post a Comment