Monday, August 30, 2010

Tatoy's Manokan and Seafood

I've been behind with blogging since I had several things to catch up on after staying in Iloilo for almost a week. I had to drag my sister Titit to Tatoy's, one of our fave restaurants in Iloilo since I was craving for their kinilaw. We were surprised to see that they renovated another portion of the place and only 1 part of the place still has the sand floor on it.
 We had our favorites on that day. We ordered the boneless bangrus (120 PHP). We loved how this is marinated and it trully is boneless since some of the bangus that we eat in Manila is quite ironic being named boneless but is a "major major" failure. The tyan is really fat and tasty, just how we liked it.
We ordered the porkchop (80 PHP) and this was perfectly grilled and very juicy. People from Manila may think we call liempo as porkchop but no..this is an actual grilled porkchop. As a kid, I refuse to eat anything at Tatoy's except porkchop. Little by little I started to eat the other food my parents will order. As a certified bratinella, if there is no porkchop at Tatoy's, they had to scout the other restaurants for porkchop so I would eat.
Of course we had talaba (45 PHP). Even if people advised not to eat talaba during the rainy season because they're not as good, we still ordered because we miss it and talaba is very over priced in Manila.
I had to order kinilaw na tanigue (90 PHP) even if Titit doesn't like it. I love how they blended the sweetness of the spices and how good everything became with the taste of the native vinegar. This is the best kinilaw I ever had.
We did not order Tatoy's specialty which is the native lechon manok since it's just the two of us. If you visit Tatoy's, make sure you order this. It is highly recommended.

Manong waiter was very nice to us though. Even if he hadn't had lunch yet (we ate late, around 2pm), he made sure to make paypay all the flies away. So extra tip for manong and this just shows, their staff made sure that customers enjoyed eating there.

I'll always love Tatoy's food. While writing this, just makes me homesick.
Tatoy's can be found along Villa beach in Iloilo city. When you reach the intersection of the road coming from Arevalo plaza upon seeing Breakthrough restaurant, turn right until you see Tatoy's.

No comments:

Post a Comment