Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Wannabe Chef: Attempt No. 3

For my third attempt in trying to cook for Marlon, I decided to make pancit molo, inspired by my mom's style of making it. Of course my sisters had some for themselves too. Pancit Molo is one of well loved dishes in Iloilo city originating from the town of Molo. These are ground pork and shrimp with spices wrapped in molo wrapper and simmered in broth. Each family from Iloilo have their own way of making this.

I had some prepared molo balls from Iloilo so I decided to make this.
I made chicken and shrimp stock from scratch. I placed the shredded chicken and peeled cooked shrimp in the broth then added the molo balls. Once the molo balls are cooked, I added chopped spring onions and toasted garlic for garnish.

My sisters loved the soup, it passed their taste. We didn't like the quality of the molo balls. Will look for another brand next time or maybe try to make this from scratch. Best of all, Marlon turned out to be allergic. So this attempt failed. At least I got the soup right and it looks good especially on a rainy day right? This is just the start of the Iloilo series.

No comments:

Post a Comment