Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Lia's Cakes in Season

Finding a birthday cake for Marlon became a challenge for me since I didn't have much time. After yoga class once afternoon in Kapitolyo, I had to consider what are the nearest cake shops around. I wanted something different this time since we were so accustomed to getting Ms. Polly's chocolate cakes when on a budget.

I heared about Lia's cakes in season waay back when I was still working at E-telecare. I was curous about the Avocado cake and I know Marlon wants the avocado cheesecake version more but I didn't have enough budget that time. Coming from yoga though, I was so hungry since I only ate a piece of bread for that day only.

Wanting to clear my head first, I ordered their Homestyle spaghetti (PHP 160). The serving was just right for me and I liked that the sauce was savory and just a touch of sweetness. Instead of serving it with bread, they used the pastry sticks from their famous empanada. I did not try any of their specialties that day. I was craving for spaghetti and I was satisfied.

An order of their pasta came with a glass of Iced Tea and a slice of cake. I opted for the Calamansi Tea Cake. I loved how compact this small cake is with a balanced sourness and a touch of sweetness. It felt light as I ate it but gave a good ending to my meal. This is something I would love to have with a cup of coffee.

After a good meal, I was able to think clearly and decided to buy the Chocolate Avelanche cake (PHP 520/whole). Had I had enough I would like to try either the Avocado Cake or Avocado cheesecake but based on my budget and what Marlon would like, this is the best one. The fudge on top of the cake looks rich and enticing with a nice touch of white chocolate curls. The cake was moist, compact and not too sweet hence the chocolate fudge on top did not overpower the cake itself. The thin layer of mocha custard inside was a good kick to your palate in every bite.

Looks like the birthday boy had a good one indeed. It will be my mission to come back for the empanada and the avocado cake varieties.

Lia's Cakes in Season is located at East Capitol Drive, Brgy Kapitolyo Pasig City.


2 comments:

  1. hi miss catz, posted this on our timeline! :) thanks for writing :) https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lias-Cakes-in-Season/280423845313979

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by. I still owe myself an avocado cake at lia's.

      Delete