Monday, February 25, 2013

Seven Corners

Food is the only thing I can think of that actually defines our relationship. So during our 3rd year anniversary, Marlon and I decided to celebrate at Seven Corners in Crowne Plaza. 

We picked Crowne Plaza since it was the most convenient for us. We reserved an hour right before their Saturday night dinner and luckily we were still able to get a table.

We arrived at around 7 and surprisingly, there were only a few people starting their buffet. Turns out, the crowds usually come in an hour after so lucky for us we were quite early.

They have several buffet stations but the selection is not too wide. I noticed nobody was touching the cheese board so I headed for it straight away. They have a pretty good selection but not as massive as Spiral's. I helped myself with about 4 kinds (I can't recognize everything I tried) and added some nuts and dried apricots. I had a good start.


Next up were the appetizers and they were in the same section as the cold seafood. I was not in the mood for shrimp or lobster. I enjoyed the terrines, cous cous, smoked tanigue with dill sauce, chawan mushi, olives and some scallops. I liked the scallops best, they were succulent and dressed in sweet chilli sauce. The cous cous and smoke tanigue were quite addicting as well.



Marlon went straight to the meat section. I only followed after finishing appetizers and cheese. The servings of Prime rib were huge that I was struggling to finish it. we both enjoyed it though as it was tender and grilled to our liking. The lamb had a good balance of flavor as well. Add in the mint jelly and it was perfect.



I thought everything would be great but dessert was a little bit disappointing. The only thing I liked was the creme brulee. They had an ice cream tepanyaki station though but I was too full to even try it.

One thing I didn't like about Seven Corners is that I felt it was a little bit dark. The place is starting to feel a little bit old as well but something that didn't bother me as I enjoyed eating. Yet still...it was a bit hard to eat if it's a little dark. I hope they can adjust the lighting soon.

Their staff tried to accommodate us as best as they can. 

Overall, we still had a good time at Seven Corners. Will I consider coming back? Maybe I would. Especially if they can offer something new.

Happy 3 years Marlon! Here's to more food coming our way.

Seven Corners is located at Crowne Plaza (beside Robinsons Galleria), ADB Avenue, Ortigas Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment