Saturday, January 14, 2012

San Lo's Famous

It's been a while since my last entry after the crazy holidays. While in Iloilo, I just didn't feel like going online or even going out. When I got back for New Year, I just felt guilty of everything I ate back home. On the first day of 2012 I found myself at Medical City's ER because my face and neck were swollen from tooth abscess. After that the thought of food makes me sad because I know I couldn't eat it. I had dental surgery the week after with Dr. Jill Coson (her dental clinic deserves a different entry). And its sad because her office was right beside San Lo's famous and Va Bene Pasta Deli.


Years back, my friend Grazey gave me the best chicken empanada I've had. I thought of it as a chicken pie due to the crumbly crust. She told me she got it in Petron and I've always felt lazy to go there. So with all my dental procedures and check ups, I got myself a box right after my stitches were taken out.
They were cooked fresh. I got a box of six (510 PHP) with 3 Pastel de Pollo and 3 Jamon y Queso empanadas. Yes they are quite expensive at 85 PHP each but let me sway you and convince you that it was worth it.


When I got back in the office, I offered one to Karen and another to Chryssie for some of the stuff they gave me that day. As I sink my teeth on the warm empanada, the crust in all its buttery glory simply crumbles in my mouth. The pastel itself was really good too. I gave the remaining ones to Marlon and by morning 2 were gone. I had a taste of the Jamon y queso and it was so good that this one is my favorite. The ham was tender and not too powerful. The cheese was more like a cheese sauce that the saltiness was tamed and made more creamy. It was not the artificial cheese sauce though, it was made from scratch.
Once in while, indulge yourself in a good empanada. It's worth it.


San Lo's famous also has different kinds of sans rival, bars and other baked goods. They had me at empanada though.


San Lo's famous can bee found on the 2nd floor of Petron Dasmariñas. Pasay Rd cor EDSA Makati City. You may contact them at +6328442853

2 comments:

  1. I've been around the world, but never tasted an empanada that good, actually great! San Lo's has everything that your mouth will desire. Forget dieting!!!

    ReplyDelete