Sunday, June 30, 2013

Ikkoryu Fukuoka Ramen

My sisters are Ramen Freaks. I'm more of the sushi type of girl. When they tried Ikkoryu Fukuoka Ramen without me, I was disappointed though even if I'm not that fond of Ramen. Titit was nice enough to eat there again with me this time around.
 

As she was sad for not being able to buy the shoes she wanted on time, we drowned her sorrows in bowls of Ramen. We were able to get seats right away as it was quite late already when we finished browsing different stores in Shangri-La (plus the fact I finish work really late).

I had the Ajitama Tonkotsu Ramen (PHP 330) with hard noodles. Tonkotsu broth (not tonkatsu) is from boiling pork bones over high heat for many hours and resulting to a milky like soup. The broth was very flavorful but not overwhelming like some of the ramen places in Manila. The noodles (hard type) had a nice firm bite. I think this would be better if there was another piece of sliced pork (chashu) in the bowl. One slice was not sufficient for us pork hoarders. My favorite element in this bowl is the egg. It has a firm white with a light brown tint from being marinated in soy sauce. The yolk is not dry however but somewhere halfway between a soft boiled and a hard boiled egg. The yolk absorbs some flavor from the broth that makes it extraordinary where I am a lost for words.

Titit had the Black Garlic Tonkotsu Ramen (PHP 380). This ramen has oil extracted from roasted Black Garlic. It has a nice kick with that garlic flavor. One thing that should be in this bowl is the egg. She had to order extra for PHP 50.


We were enjoying our ramen so much we forgot that we ordered Gyoza (PHP 150). One side had a nice crunch to it. The meat inside was so juicy that it was dripping on the side of my mouth when I was eating.

I also loved the touch of lined wooden panels painted with Japanese characters. It was screaming "visit Japan now" to me.

I think I know where to get a good bowl of Ramen when Marlon craves for some. (Am I the only one not too crazy about Ramen?) I'm not very fond of Ramen still but my friends or sisters can always drag me back at Ikkoryu Fukuoka Ramen any time they want.

Thanks for dragging me in your sorrow Titit. I enjoyed it.


Ikkoryu Fukuoka Ramen is located at 5F East Wing ShangriLa Plaza Mandaluyong.

No comments:

Post a Comment