Thursday, January 21, 2010

The 100

This is the day I miss someone. Someone who was there for me for 18 years until I got a phone call back in 2007 because he's gone. We remember you and all the memories you have shared with us. 

There is so much more you have done for us and until now we miss your presence in the house. 
Here are a list of things I miss:
1. How you wont let me throw away my Popsicle sticks so you can make little houses out of them.
2. I miss the candies in your room, the lemon drops, mini fruits, foxes fruits and charms balls--and how much I get one candy after every meal.
3. The prayers you let us recite and memorize from the prayers before bed to the one saving the souls in purgatory.
4. The homemade jump rope from the abaca rope and tissue paper cardboard.
5. The prayers that fill up your room and your candy colored stripped bed sheets.
6. The bowl of oatmeal and half a poached egg.
7. Your birthday where cousins come home to celebrate and it includes Dinagyang.
8. The pictorial underneath the Golden Shower. I haven't seen th5at tree bloom again ever since the day of your funeral.
9. Picking you up after your clinic at San Jose and De Paul.
10. Riding in the Volkswagen with you
11. Making me eat my vegetables and me staying in the table til 3pm because I don't want them.
12. The Family Christmas Tradition where you read aloud the gospel.
13. Visiting you in your air conditioned room
14. Telling you that you will be able to walk on your 50th wedding anniversary.
15. Giving us envelopes on Christmas day in your Santa hat.
16. The 3:00 habit.
17. Seeing you on the table every meal with your white glass with the mint green coaster.
18. Drinking Coke with you every afternoon.
19. Seven steps away from the TV.
20. Just having you around and if you're still here I'd be calling home to wish you Happy Birthday.

Happy 100th Birthday Dr. Carlos Ledesma Guadarrama, my dear Lolo Doc. I know you're watching over us now. We miss you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment