Thursday, September 16, 2010

Dulgies

I had to catch up with my Iloilo series since I'll be going around Iloilo again and Bacolod too. So, a month ago while I was there, we had a nice afternoon snack at Dulgies (the branch along Diversion road with Ted's Lapaz Batchoy). Dulgies is sharing the same spot with Ted's but it's going to all about cakes this time.

I haven't seen any bakery in Iloilo as promising as Dulgies. The cakes were innovative and simply divine. Their cake display looks amazing.
Rica was disappointed though that they did not have her favorite at that time, the Tres Leches. I heard it was so good you'll forget your name. Guess I have a mission in Iloilo when I get back, make sure I try this out. She had the Blueberry Cheesecake, it was ok. 
 My sister Titit had the Caramel Pecan Cheesecake. The caramel pecan topping was not overpowering and the cheesecake was really tender. What I liked about it is that it is not the no-bake cheesecake type and it's really soft and well...cheese levels were just right.
I had the chocolate-hazelnut cake. It was ok and but not too sweet. I liked the Ferero on top though.
 The cakes were not expensive at all. It was about 75-100 PHP and it is really worth it.

Overall I find Dulgies to be very promising. I highly recommend that they explore further in what other products they can serve. I think it will have a better ambiance though if it will be separate from Ted's. Not sure about the Valeria branch though. We didn't go there because I'll have a hard time with parking. Can anyone share their Valeria branch experience?

2 comments:

  1. The Valeria branch is cozier and they have more selections. Let's go!!! Hehehe --- Kris :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll text you this sat if we have room in our stomach for more cake. I'm curious about the Tres Leches.

    ReplyDelete