Thursday, September 16, 2010

Roberto's

There's one comfort food that I find in Iloilo and it's siopao. In Manila we have the choices of asado or bola-bola most of the time. I think siopaos in Iloilo are closer to my heart since the fillings are generous.
 I really made sure we drop by Roberto's in JM Basa. I don't really care of people says its dirty. I just want good siopao. I ordered the King Siopao (55 PHP) with Chicken Adobo, Chinese Ham, Chorizo and Egg inside. Marlon got the limited edition Queen Siopao (65 PHP) with has Bacon and really huge it can fill an entire plate. 
Roberto's siopao bread is very soft to the bite and the different flavors of the filling will explode in your mouth. Mamonluk's siopao in Quezon ave comes to a close second for me but Roberto's has a softer bread. Being able to order the Queen siopao though needs very good timing. It is not always served, only at certain times until supplies last.
Roberto's can be found along JM Basa (near Freedom Grandstand).

No comments:

Post a Comment