Sunday, February 5, 2012

Vikings

Before 2011 was about to end, we were posted with a challenge from our new boss, Mark. Well...challenge accepted and the reward was dinner at Vikings.

The buffet line offers a lot of choices with different stations. They have the meat grill and carving station, seafood grill, appetizers, salad station, seafood, chinese, japanese, italian, drinks and desserts.

I started off with the appetizers that offers selections from different cuisines. I had the braised duck, steamed vegetables, century eggs, jellyfish, meatballs, ham and salmon gravlax. The appetizers indeed offered a good start for my dinner.


Up next is a wide selection of sushi from different makis and sashimi. I only got a little bit of tuna and salmon plus around 2 types of makis. The sashimi was fresh and you even get the tune from a freshly cut fish that is included in the display. I think there was too much rice on the maki though. 



After sushi, I didn't have any pictures of my plate as i chose to just gobble up my food. I have pictures of the different selections though. What I liked best was the rib eye steak. It was worth lining up in the grill. The baked oysters were not bad too as well as some of the japanese food. 


What disappointed me was the seafood grill and the desserts. I did not like the rock lobster I had requested to be grilled. It looked dry and a little bit dirty with a bad taste. The dessert selection did not seam that appetizing. I opted to just go for the frozen yoghurt. They have puto bumbong though and ice cream. The puto bumbong was very good and is a better option for dessert.




Instead of going to the drinks selection right away, try heading towards the bar near the dessert section and see what is their drink for the day. I had ripe mango shake and it was better that I had something fresh instead.
Another tip, try making reservations when you plan to dine here. There was a very long outside and some of the waiters keep asking us to give up our other table even if some of our team mates were already on their way. 

Vikings had some hits and misses and I think they can improve on some areas. It is still good value for the 1099 PHP that you will pay for a weekend dinner. Some of the food are already comparable to some hotel buffets. I really wish they could come up with better desserts. I would still go back to Vikings. Will have to work out again before I see myself in another buffet.

No comments:

Post a Comment