Sunday, March 25, 2012

Andersen's Ice Cream

We spent our last few hours in Singapore with my good friend Kenneth. I haven't seen this guy for months and we used to hang out every weekend in Manila before he left for Singapore and Vietnam eventually.


He treated us in Pepper Lunch and the taste is pretty consistent with the branches in the Philippines. Afterwards it was our turn to treat him and since both of us were recovering from tooth related problems, we ended up at Andersen's Ice Cream in AMK Hub.
Andersen's was named after Hans Christian Andersen, the famous danish writer responsible for The Little Mermaid. I liked the ambiance of their AMK Hub branch where the lighting was bright and balances out the bery cold air conditioner of the mall. Since the temperature was a little higher in their space, hence you will crave more for ice cream.


Kenneth ordered two scoops of Ice Cream--Vanilla and Belgian chocolate chip (6.50 SGD). The way they served the ice cream was so appetizing. 
Marlon and I decided to share one of Andersen's Creation, the Pouring Puffs (12 SGD). These consist of very soft cream puffs with rich custard inside, 2 scoops of ice cream of your choice (mint chocolate chip and macadamia), and some chocolate sauce. I loved how soft these puffs are and I was able to manage eating these without any pain. I love mint ice cream and I loved how it was just subtle flavor in Andersen's yet it still binds the whole ice cream. The other flavors that we had, all have the right amount of sweetness to it.
The place was conducive for catching up and sharing more stories. I would add Andersen's to my list of must eats when I'm in Singapore. They currently have 11 branches.
Andersen's Ice Cream is located in AMK Hub, Ang Mo Kio Singapore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment