Saturday, March 24, 2012

Universal Studios Singapore

It's been a while since I wrote about anything and had to do a little bit more backtracking. After being too tired from work, I finally found the time to write about Universal Studios Singapore.
At first Marlon didn't want to go and had to beg that this is one reason I'm going back to Singapore (main reason was watching Wicked). Day Fem was able to get two complementary peak passes we only had to buy one more for 74 SGD. 
After we went in, I was transported to my dreamland. It reminded me of days where I really wanted to be a film editor and missing making short films back in college. I had to take pictures of almost all the movie characters we met inside the park from Beetlejuice, Frankenstein and Rick O'Connell. Too bad we missed Po from Kung Fu Panda.






I loved the rides inside the park and had this urge to ride all of them. I had to make sure these were not thrill rides otherwise Marlon and Day Fem wouldn't go in. So I tried out Madagascar with them and the Shrek 4D. We were in a surprise with that one. Marlon tried one of the Roller coasters (Enchanted Airways)  in Far Far Away and swore he will never do it again.


I tried all of the thrill rides I could find Canopy Flyer in the Lost World, Revenge of the Mummy in Ancient Egypt, and Battlestar Galactica Human vs Cylon in Sci Fi City. I liked the Cylon one better, the one with your feet just hanging and you had to go upside-down.

Our favorite was the newly launched Transformers The Ride. I won't ruin what's in store for you in this ride but we rode it 4 times and Marlon loved it. 




Food inside the park was not bad either. You have to find the ones that are cheap though as some of the items inside can be very expensive. We had lunch at Gloria's snack shack in Madagascar. We ordered the Chicken cutlet set and the Grilled Salmon set (12 SGD) which came with rice, steamed vegetables, coleslaw, Drinks and Some sort of Jello dessert. We also added chicken nuggets (9 SGD) which came in a lunch box that you can take home. The food was good but I didn't like the Jello.


At 6pm, they had the parade within the park. I found this very short. I think they should have more impressive floats and more characters to parade and interact with everyone.




I had a great day in Universal Studios Singapore. Try Lights, Camera, Action in New York to see how they do some of the effects and this is hosted by Steven Spielberg. Make sure to get some breakfast in Vivo City before coming into the park to save a bit on expenses. It can get really packed and might rain in the afternoon so better try all the outdoor rides in the morning. 


Universal Studios Singapore is in Resorts World Sentosa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment