Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Betsy Smith

Sunday Roast is one of the things that you look forward in a London pub. On my last night in London, my friend Jin and her flatmate Kirk brought me to The Betsy Smith in Killburn Park for sunday roast.

I admit I was charmed with the pub's interiors. These were very creative--using birdcages, Apothecary tables, lamp shades and more to give that warm and cozy feeling inside. The staff were very friendly and efficient. Our server was really nice and offers us the available sauces or some dessert for instance.

You have a choice of chicken, beef, lamb or veggie for the Sunday Roast (GBP 9.95). The platter comes with carrots, broccoli, mange tout, cauliflower cheese, yorkshire pudding, roast potatos and gravy. It feels like a lot on one plate and indeed it was.

Jin and Kirk both had the beef roast.

I opted to have the lamb roast as lamb is usually more expensive in Manila. I was glad I had lamb as well since the one from Betsy Smith doesn't have that gamey taste. It was tender and went well with the mint sauce.


Kirk opted to have the Warm Apple and Raisin crumble with ice cream (GBP 4.95) for dessert. Apologies I wasn't able to take a photo. The crumble was alright but the ice cream was really something that you can see the vanilla beans in it.

Unique cocktails are offered so do give these a try if you visit.

Sunday roast is a must and I would say I enjoyed it at the Betsy Smith. When in London, do try to visit this place.

The Betsy Smith is located in 77 Killburn High Road London NW6 6HY. Visit their site for more details http://thebetsysmith.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment