Saturday, July 21, 2012

Gigi Coffee and Cupcakes

I met up with my friend Anj in Eastwood and she introduced me to Gigi cupcakes. I tried the sea salt chocolate cupcake and fell in love with it. Ever since I can't get it out of head. PMS got the best of me and I braved the strong rains and terrible traffic just to get a box of those cupcakes in Eastwood.

Gigi has a very nice decor. One would think that it is a very fancy place when you enter. I couldn't even manage to get a camera out and take pictures. I was on zombie mode and tried to get the cupcakes as fast as I can so I can be in cupcake dreamland on my first bite.

Each cupcake costs PHP 40 each regardless of flavor. I got the box of 6 for PHP 235. It was sad they ran out of red velvet and I have another reason to go back. I braved the traffic again and resisting the urge to eat all the cupcakes because I just have to share with everyone what they look like.

The white box looks simple but in it are the cupcakes that are killing me right now. It was a different format this time where they arranged it in one line. I wish they could have a more compact box though as this one couldn't fit in our fridge and transporting it in a crowded shuttle on a rainy Manila night can be a challenge.

We tried five flavors. The first is the white chocolate. This was pretty good with the right sweetness.

As of writing this I we haven't eaten the Chocolate chip overload yet.

The Buttercream cupcake is untouched as well but both might be gone any minute now.

For Green Tea fanatics, they have a cupcake just for you.

Of course I just had to get 2 of the Sea Salt Chocolate. This is still my fave. The cupcake is very moist and the flavor is further enhanced by the sea salt. Good thing I had two since Marlon and I both reached for it when we started to devour these cupcakes.

I also got the Cheese Bars (PHP 15) again. The gold wrapper is intriguing. As you rip open the wrapper and slide out the pastry, you might be disappointed by the size. I want this bigger because it was that good. It reminded me of the butterscotch from home.


I think I will find myself again in Gigi coffee and cupcakes again. Hopefully next time I won't be on PMS predator mode. 

Gigi Coffee and cupcakes is located at GF Eastwood Corporate plaza. It's in the same building as Watsons, between Citibank and IBM Plaza.

No comments:

Post a Comment