Monday, June 14, 2010

8065 Bagnet

Since I have never been to Ilocos, I have always been curious what Bagnet is like since everyone I know who has tried it was raving about it. Luckily, 8065 Bagnet opened a branch near our place at Leon Guinto st.
 I was expecting just a usual eatery like the ones in that area. When we entered the door, we were greeted with interiors that seemed like a good place for people who love art. The save a simple bar and paintings adorned one wall. The furniture looked as if it has been used in the 90s or 80s which gives you a more vintage feel. Other interesting stuff like old toys are placed on the shelves.

 The specialty of the place is obviously Bagnet. The original Bagnet costs 100 PHP but if you choose to try other sauces, you can get it for 105 PHP. You have an option to try the Binagoongan, Kare Kare, Curry and Spicy Ginataan. The bagnet was crispy on the outside and the skin while the inside was juicy. Some of the laman gets a bit hard though when the Bagnet is too toasted.

The Spicy Ginataan was my favorite. I loved the chillies in the sauce with the very rich taste of gata.
 The Curry sauce was just ok, I prefer my curry to be spicier.
 I like the Kare Kare sauce also. I think it would be better though if they served bagoong on the side.
 You can choose to have the sauces separated so the Bagnet skin will still be crispy.

 We ordered Ensaladang Talong (35 PHP) on the side to balance out our meal.
I find this place really promising although I hope the students in the area appreciate the place as well. The price may be a little high though if students are indeed its target market. However, yuppies would surely love this place.


8065 Bagnet has 2 branches. One is in Estrella st. Makati and the other one is in Leon Guinto st. Near La Salle.

1 comment:

  1. Grabe tong post na to! Drool about to drop in the keyboard. And they even offer discounts! http://tinyurl.com/3u4dc6l

    ReplyDelete