Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Pepper Lunch

I have always wanted to east at Pepper Lunch especially when I'm doing the groceries at Rockwell. The smell of the food just entices me to go inside an try it out. The bad thing about that though, I'm usually craving for something else or set to eat somewhere else. I finally got the opportunity to try out Pepper Lunch when Grazey invited me to join her in Greenbelt.

Since they have a small space and long lines to deal with, they organized lines and assist you to your table after you order. I found this very efficient since we were not in line for so long.

I ordered the Beef Pepper Rice (195 PHP). They served this on a sizzling plate while the beef is still raw and it will be cooked there.
The hotness of the sizzling plate seems just right since my rice was not toasted and the beef cooking was not too smoky unlike in other restaurants which has the same concept. It was obvious the beef was very fresh since I saw that it was reddish in color before it was fully cooked. 
 You have the responsibility not to burn your own food, so make sure to mix it all up. The beef would then be tender and the rice flavorful since they added some special butter to it along with the corn. 
There are two sauces you can choose from, Garlic and Honey Brown. I liked combining both. The garlic sauce gives saltiness to the beef while Honey Brown was rightfully sweet and delicious.

I would want to try their desserts and drinks next time. Overall, I think Pepper lunch is the best one of the chains that offer the same type of food. I highly recommend this since you get good quality for the price you pay, efficient service and you don't smell too much like grilled beef when you get out.

Pepper Lunch can be located at 2F Greenbelt 5, 5F Shangri-La Plaza, Lower GF Powerplant Mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment