Friday, May 28, 2010

Dashboard Confessional Live in Manila

The moment I found out that Dashboard Confessional will have a concert in Manila, I immediately looked for a companion, made sure I can get my leave then buy tickets. This band has been with me in all my emotional drama in life. Even if it's sad to think that the song Screaming Infidelities started it and yes, that I was cheated on. Somehow, when I listened to their other songs I could relate to most of them.
 The concert was at 8pm and we were in Trinoma by 5:30 since it was free seating in the gold section. We had dinner at Contis but we could see the long line in the VVIP/VIP/Gold Gate. We were still able to get seats but it was really hot in there.

Franco was the opening act and the whole I was watching them perform, I thought that I should try to research more about this group since I like their sound.

After what feels like forever (ok 15-20 minutes seem like forever for us fans), Dashboard Confessional finally came on stage singing Don't Wait.
What I find amazing and unique with this concert is that they don't have a set list. They were just there on the stage thinking of what to sing next I find it funny and amazing at the same time. They have seemed to underestimate their fame in the Philippines though. They were surprised that the audience were singing to all their songs. 

I was satisfied since they sang my favorites, As Lovers Go and Stolen. My friends were wishing they sing The Ghost of a good thing and my sister was screaming for The best deceptions.

Almost everyone sang with them during vindicated. I find some people there to be posers since they don't know any other songs and just reacted when the band played Vindicated. So I guess they were just Spiderman fans instead of Dashboard Confessional fans. I find them to be out of place in that concert since we were all screaming our lungs out to almost every song that I know. I was short on 4 songs since I don't know the lyrics.
The price I paid for the tickets was worth it for the 17 song concert. I think the event was also well organized since I haven't seen anyone complain about it. I find everything orderly as well. I hope that I was seen on Myx though since cameras were pointing at us when we got out.

I'm just hoping they come back to Manila because when that happens, I'll make sure I have VIP tickets. Chris Carraba definitely has Stolen my heart.

(Concert pic courtesy of my sister who is a more die hard fan than I am and in the VIP section. She has a really bad camera though).

2 comments:

  1. Ate catz, best day ever talaga! :) the ticket was really worth it. Ang galing nila. Fan ako since hs. I was waiting for best deceptions too. Sayang they didn't sing it and again i go unnoticed. Inask pala ako ng myx if they can interview me. I said no no no no. Haha! They interviewed my friend instead. I think they have a setlist. Someone got it kasi after the concert. Yun drumstick, sa likod ko lang tinapon. :) -joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did you say no to the camera?? haha I was hoping they would interview me para madiscover and then I'll be a vj na haha. libre naman mangarap. Pero grabe...hands down this is the best day I can ever remember, always remember.

    ReplyDelete