Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Zubuchon and Villalonga

Cebu is well known for it's lechon and chicharon. When my sister went there for vacation, I made sure she gets me these sinful pork temptations. I was only able to try CNT lechon during my last visit and I find it tastier and saltier than the lechon in Manila. The pork was more tender as well.
Zubochon offers a different taste compared to CNT. It has a clean taste and the herbs like Rosemary was very distinct in the flavor also. I couldn't judge how crispy the skin is since I was brought the packed and frozen zubuchon. The meat was very tender also. This is something I want to try when I get to Cebu.

Villalonga is a chicharon brand that is very familiar to me since that's what we always get when someone goes to Cebu. The store is harder to find compared to Chilen but it is quite worth it. My sister made sure they go all the way to Guadalupe just to bring this home.

The skin is really crispy and I love the laman. The flavors of being hot and spicy was well blended.
 These two are must tries when one goes to Cebu.  

4 comments:

  1. Yum...

    By the way, have you ever heard about yummy-cebu.com? I hear they just started a new contest called Mama's day out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll check it out. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where to buy this products..complete address pls..thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. where is Villalongga Chicharon now? their store closed several years back. Any hier of theirs selling back similar tasty chicharon whose crunchy back skin melts in your mouth? best ever chicharon in the country

    ReplyDelete