Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Army Navy

When I told Marlon that I'm treating him to Army Navy last sunday, he instantly replied that I get him a belt and combat boots. Of course he's referring to the Army Navy store in Iloilo Central Market where the whole city will get all their CAT and ROTC stuff. Obviously he was making "pa cute" to me since we were on a kiss and make up weekend.

Army Navy is usually the place where me and my sisters would usually eat on sundays if we're all at home since it's the most accessible restaurant from our condo in Taft.
The restaurant is boasting their burgers and burritos. The ambiance of the place has this whole military barracks concept. I think it would even be better if their staff wore their camouflage instead of black shirts to complete the military feel. The place seems to work best for yuppies and students.

Titit ordered the the Chicken Burrito (135 PHP). The size seems worth it for the price and comes with unlimited garlic sauce. I find that the burrito has a lot of rice and the chicken is being overpowered by it.

hoking our baby ordered the soft tacos (125 PHP). The chicken, salsa and parsley just worked wonders for this dish with very soft tortillas. I think it needs cheese though. This comes in 3 small sized tacos but you get very full when done.
I ordered their fried chicken (135 PHP). You get two pices of deep fried, tender chicken, rice and gravy on the side. The breading is a bit salty for my taste. The chicken was very tender though. The gravy was not that good and forgettable. I was satisfied though due to the big portion of one order.
 We got the Freedom Fries and Onion Rings (60 PHP each) on the side. The onions were a bit too thin with heavy breading. The fries were excellent though. Thinly sliced and extra crispy with the added coating.
We also ordered Libertea or Iced Tea (55 PHP for medium 65 PHP for large). This is really good. I can't exactly describe it but it's highly recommended.
 I don't have a picture of the burgers that Marlon and I ordered when we went here on a different time. The regular burger is at 135 PHP while the tripple patty Bully Boy Burger is at 235 PHP. Burgers come in black sesame buns and veggies. You may get unlimitted condiments at the counter (ketchup, mayo, mustard, hot sauce). Marlon was satisfied on how meaty was the Bully Boy. He wants more veggies on it though. Burgers were seasoned just right and grilled to perfection.

I recommend Army Navy for a good barkada lunch or dinner. The Libertea is a must try instead of just going for sode.

Army Navy is located at Taft Avenue in front of De La Salle University

2 comments:

  1. I heart their Libertea!! I liked their Zucchini fries too, but they phased it out.. Army Navy has branches in Glorietta 5, Alabang (Bridgestone building) and in Tagaytay - at least those are the branches I know of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hwaaa! how did you find this blog? thanks for the other branches since the taft branch is the only one i know. martin and manong kept suggesting to try the breakfast burrito.

    ReplyDelete