Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Osonho

I finally had my chance to eat at Osonho in Eastwood after my friends have been raving about their Peri-peri chicken. Pay day has never been this magical for me.

The branch in Eastwood seems pretty quiet on a weekday with only a selected few having dinner there. Service was just ok, nothing to praise and nothing to rant about.

We got the Peri-peri Chicken (320 PHP) which was suggested by everyone. The chicken was tender and each bite is bursting with flavor. The meat was also very juicy. It comes with rice and a siding of steamed vegetables to balance out your meal. I loved the kick of the chili oil that it came with if you want your dish to be spicy. 
We also had the Stir Fried Seafood Paella (360 PHP). If you want the taste of paella but don't have the patience to wait for it, then this is the dish for you. The saffron used was just right and quite hearty with lots of seafood and egg in the dish. This doesn't have the texture of paella though since the rice seemed to be pre-cooked already and this did not come in a paella dish so there's no tutong for anyone to enjoy.
Overall I would come back for the Peri-peri chicken. I'm not sure about the other dishes since they seem so pricey.


Osonho can be found at the Eastwood Mall promenade. Pics are from Anj's iphone.

No comments:

Post a Comment