Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Our 6th at The Gustavian

Why do I like monthsaries? I think this is the best excuse for us to eat out and the best chance also to try something new. So for our 6th, Anj suggested that we try out The Gustavian in the Eastwood Mall Veranda.
Their staff were very nice to us. We had to ask them though any specials or promos that they have since it was not initially offered to us. The interiors were simple yet it has that elegant feel to it. This must have been our 2nd romantic dinner to date and it did not disappoint.
They had a promo with their tenderloin steaks from Mondays-Thursdays. You can get the Tenderloin Steak (650 PHP) with their buy one get one free promo. Each steak comes with two side dishes and a sauce of your choice.

Marlon being a rice boy, opted for plain rice, garlic rice and mushroom sauce. He chose to have his steak medium as well. He said the steak was cooked to his liking and the sauce was great with wild mushrooms and wine. 
I opted to have my steak medium-well since I've been used to that since I was a kid. I opted for Bearnaise sauce, Caesar salad Potato Dauphinois. My steak was juicy as well without too much blood just how I like it. The Caesar dressing was a little bit on the spicy side. The potatoes were a bit hard though but I still enjoyed it with the cream and wine sauce. The sauce has to be eaten in moderation though and changes in texture if it stays in your plate. So this is ideal to be eaten quickly.

We were served with toast and white mustard spread before our meal came. It was really good. They even gave us another serving without us asking for it.
To finish our meal, we had a slice of Blueberry Cheesecake (185 PHP). I found this no bake cheesecake to have a very thin crust and very sweet. I thought it was a little overpriced since it was a no-bake cheesecake. They place a lot of blueberry though.
 I highly recommend The Gustavian for a nice and quiet evening meal. This is a place where you can get your money's worth. They also have set meals available at 420 PHP. The meal includes soup or salad, main course of beef or seafood and Creme Brulee for dessert.


Over all this was a good dinner that exactly reflect where we are in this relationship...happy.
The Gustavian can be found at the Eastwood Mall Veranda and at The Picasso in Makati.

No comments:

Post a Comment