Monday, October 31, 2011

Borough

I was finally able to convince Marlon that we try out Borough in The Podium. Sundays are usually lazy days for us but since we haven't gone out together for two weeks, guess it's about time. I made sure to leave a picture of Borough's steak frites in his computer just to entice him and did it work.
Borough is named after the Boroughs of New York and served NY comfort food 24/7. The ambiance of this place made it a little but more down to earth with the dirty floors and a slight mismatch of the furniture. This seems to draw different crowds and make them feel more at home. Although my friend Anj was laughing at me when I associated this with a medical clinic also named Borough.
We were there for Halloween and the waiters and waitresses wore masks for the occasion. They also have Halloween specials for the food.


We had the Baked Mac n Cheese (320 PHP) for our starter. I love the gooeyness of the guryere cheese and the parmesan and cheddar provided the salt in this dish. The panko crumbs on top provided a crunchy texture to contrast the soft and gooey cheeses. I find this a good but a little bit oily. If you're looking for your mac n cheese fix though, this is quite good but not the best one I've had.
I ordered the BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich (240 PHP) and loved every bite of this. The pork and barbecue sauce tasted great and balanced out by the coleslaw.  The bread was soft too. I should have eased this sooner as some of the oil from the pork was already dripping when I started to eat. I liked the crisps that were served with the sandwich--crispy but not too salty.
Marlon had the NY Strip Steak (890 PHP) for his main course. He had the fries changed with dirty mashed potatoes instead. We were disappointed that this was not served hot hence the fat getting a little bit tough by the time it got to our table. The herb butter gave a good balance to the steak. 

He also had a glass of Calamansi Juice (60 PHP) which we found sour.
Of course a visit to Borough will not be complete without Mom's Milk and Cookies (220 PHP). They had the Halloween special so we had a different variety of cookies--sour candy, rocky road and chocolate kiss almond. The cookies were warm and soft and I loved the vanilla milk. We were provided with small glasses for our milk where we can dunk our cookies. I have to try this on normal days though with the chocolate chip cookies variant.

Overall Borough was ok with us. Serving time however took very long hence some of our food was not that hot when it arrived to us. Marlon was on his iTouch the whole wait time and good thing I have my camera with me.

They have food that are worth raving about and some that are just ok. I would definitely go back for those Milk and Cookies and the BBQ pulled pork. I guess I have to try their burger too. Any other suggestions? What's your favorite at Borough?


Borough is located at the Ground Floor of The Podium, ADB Avenue Ortigas Center Pasig City.

No comments:

Post a Comment