Sunday, October 30, 2011

Ye Dang

To get the baby sister her graduation gift (yes DLSU has graduations in October), I convinced her to choose any shoe at Payless. Although we ended up getting her a blazer at Forever 21 in Magemall instead. Along with my bribe, I promised that we will eat at Ye Dang along Meralco Avenue.
For my second time in Ye Dang, we decided to go for our favorites and usual orders.


Of course we had the Samgyupsal.pork belly (280 PHP). They did not use the charcoal grill this time, must be we were there for very late lunch. The onions helped in giving making the pork tastier. This is one of the best ones I've had so far. If anyone has suggestions of which Korean restaurants I should try, drop it in the comments section please.
The server grilled our pork belly with the onions then cut it up into smaller pieces so you can wrap it up in shiso leaves or lettuce. I liked the shiso leaf better as it gave another dimension of taste.
Best to dip the pork belly in the sesame oil with salt and pepper. Place it in the leaf with some rice then add the danjang paste and some garlic. Feel free to add some of the side dishes. Roll it up then eat your samgyupsal.

We had the Soft tofu in Kimchi soup. This was good too but the one from Woo Ri tasted better as well as another restaurant in Makati according to Choking, she's the Korean foodie after all.
Korean dishes always come with free side dishes. 
At Ye Dang they gave us a salad.
Sweetened baby potatoes.
Sweetened dilis.
Kimchi in pechay and kang kong variants.

Garlic kang kong.
Fish cakes.
And mushrooms.
Despite the movable exhaust nozzles, one can still smell like barbecue at Ye Dang, but I think their ventilation is much better compared to other Korean restaurants who specialize in grilled meats. Also I think it would be better if their staff is friendlier. 


I think Ye Dang is a good place to get my Korean fix. They have more dishes worth trying like the Bibimbop, squid with vegetables and the Kalbi.
Ye Dang is located along Meralco ave right before Metrowalk if coming from Julia Vargas.

No comments:

Post a Comment