Saturday, October 1, 2011

Ombu Chicken House

After sleepless nights when I found out my camera's memory card got corrupted, I can now breathe again since I can share all the food I ate in Davao during my last trip despite only recovering around 98% of the pictures.


Upod landing, Mil picked me up first thing in the morning at the airport and I literally crashed in their office couch for lack of sleep. Upod lunch time, her brother Kevin or should I say shoti, woke me up and say we're having lunch at Ombu which is the only place in Davao that I go back to on every trip.


Ombu is located in Seqouia Inn in Davao's chinatown. Upon entering, I was greeted by the usual warm atmosphere like my previous visits. Mil ordered in advance for us and it since there were only a few dinners, we had the luxury to choose anywhere we want to sit. Joyjoy, Mil's kinakapatid joined us for lunch.

I ordered for a glass of mango shake. It was good enough to quench my thirst and a good attempt to stay away from soda on this trip.
Mil ordered Garlic Kangkong for our side dish.
At last after much waiting, the one half greaseless chicken arrived at our table. Joyjoy and I had a quarter each. That crispiness of the skin that crackled when my knife sliced into it was very comforting. The chicken was tender on the inside and crispy with a hint of saltiness in the skin. This is indeed one of the reasons I keep coming back for Davao City.
Overall Ombu Chicken House is good value for money. You'll be surprised that the chicken is greaseless but very tasty.


Ombu is located at the ground floor of Seqouia Inn, Monteverde Ave. Davao City.



No comments:

Post a Comment