Monday, March 1, 2010

Charlie's: Best Burger in Town

I have always wanted to eat at Charlie's Grind and Grill for several months now. For some reason though, fate seems to be keeping me away from sinking my teeth into the juiciest burgers ever. I finally had my chance last Saturday after watching the Backstreet Boys concert when Anj texted me and ask if we wanted to follow. Tina just agreed.
It was so hard to get to Pasig from Cubao on a concert Saturday. There were no cabs around and the ATMs seemed out of reach. It was a good thing I saw my cousin Bibay and she agreed to drop us off at Shaw. Of course I was stupid enough not to ask what jeep we were supposed to take to get to the street where a trike can take us to Kapitolyo. So Tina and I ended walking several blocks. At least we will not feel guilty eating though because of the 20 minutes or so walk we had. 

We finally found a trike to take us to Charlie's. When we got there we both felt so hungry that we ordered burger and fries each. Anj was insisting that we try the wings but I only had my eyes set on the Black Angus Burger with hand cut fries (195 PHP). 
I was so happy there was no kecthup on the burger and yes it's a big deal because I hate ketchup on bread. I had to squish the bread a bit since I found the quarter pounder burger quite big for me. The burger was seasoned and grilled perfectly. The beef was tender and juicy and I loved the fact that they have a lot of veggies on the burger. There were crisp lolo rossa lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles and a slice of cheddar cheese. I liked the fries also. It tasted natural and fresh and I liked it that it was seasoned with salt and pepper.

They were serving imported beer as well although I was not in the mood. I was glad to see that they have Corona though. 

This is just located beside a car wash in East Capitol Drive Pasig. And the ambiance is just casual and I find it perfect to hang out with friends.

I will definitely go back to this place. I will try the wings or Philly cheese steak next time.

3 comments: