Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Wannabe chef

I have always liked to eat good food and at the same time make them when I'm in the mood. The ultimate test for me was cooking for Marlon. Of course it matters that he will like it. Hopefully it's what he's going to eat for the rest of his life.

To test my "cullinary" skills, I decided to make him dinner to celebrate this cheesyness called monthsary. I don't know what he really likes and I'm thinking of something I can make that will not fail. 


I decided to make him steak. I cooked a seared Australian Rump steak wrapped in bacon in Worcestershire mushroom gravy with cheesy garlic smashed potatoes and pan fried asparagus. 
I totally failed the presentation part. The steak slid off to the other side before I was able to top it with the asparagus and the sauce. 


It seemed to have passed the taste test though since I have a happy little boy eating his steak.



I must think of something else to cook next time.

5 comments:

  1. he likes steamed big fish, talaba, sinugba nga isda..hehehehehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. alam ko kung ano gusto nian!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the tip nang zen. daw budlay gid isatisfy iya gusto ba.

    mark, talaga lang ha! sige wala kang sandwich! hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete