Friday, March 26, 2010

Hotel Del Rio

Coming from a recent trip home to Iloilo, I decided to treat my Mom at Hotel Del Rio for her birthday. The Hotel is now under new management but this is one of the places I would remember having dinner on Saturday nights with my family.

We ordered our usual Ceasar sald (180 PHP) Iceberg lettuce, bacon bits, croutons in classic ceasar dressing. Some may find nothing special about this salad but it's something I look for whenever I'm home. I'm pretty sure they made the mayo by hand as well.

My mom and I ordered one of my favorites, Chateaubriand steak (270 PHP) cooked medium well as how I liked it with veggies, baked potato and garlic rice. The steak was also topped with Bearnaise sauce and you can request for gravy on the side.
 My dad had the fillet mignon (270 PHP). I wasn't able to get a picture. I was pretty sure he was quite hungry already.

Marlon got the Sibingan or Blue Marlin (180 PHP) which comes with garlic rice also. He said it was good.
 If only possible I would have ordered the frozen iced tea as well. I'll come back for it next time.

They have newly refurbished rooms if you would want to stay in Iloilo. The location makes it accessible and you could also have a great view of the iloilo river.  

1 comment: