Wednesday, February 10, 2010

De Bonte Koe European Restarant

On with the Davao series, after we had a really tiring day and decided to take a nap, Tom woke me up to say that his Tito Bong and Tita Bebot will be taking us out for dinner.

They took us to De Bonte Koe european restaurant. I can't remember exactly where it was except that it's in a compound where one can also have Mexican food  and Margaritas. 
At first I though we were going to have Margaritas which seems perfect since I still felt full. Although I found it interesting that we entered a small restaurant with European stuff all over the walls and most of them were cows!

Henny, the Dutch owner greeted us once we were seated at our table. Tito Bong said the house wine is excellent and we got a bottle of the no name house wine. The wine bottle was so cute also. It has cows printed all over it.
We though we were only going to have tapas but we also ordered the large Paella Negra. It was just too good to resist even if you are already full. The squid ink just made everything tastier. This is really worth the wait.
While we were waiting for the paella, we had the cheese platter to go along with the wine. The blue cheese was too good to pass up. We ordered a second platter as well.
Now what did I learn from this dinner? Turns out I am assertive (hahaha). Tito Bong apparently is very good at guessing your birth order depending on your attitude. So there it was...an obvious first born. Also, turns out fish from the Netherlands can be packed and shipped to the Philippines..interesting. Although I have started to love the "cultured European lifestyle" that I joke around with my friends whenever I have a glass of wine. Thank you Tito Bong and Tita Bebot Vega for this dinner.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment