Monday, February 15, 2010

Milky Way

We were supposed to go to Som's but was unlucky to see they were closed the day before their grand opening (still at the same place, Algier st. Makati). We ended up going back and forth in Rockwell looking for a place to eat. I wanted to have a hotdog or a sandwich by Johann and Choking stopped at Milky Way and had their eyes fixed on the dinuguan and the salmon sinigang.

Which is what we ordered. We had the Salmon Sinigang (180 PHP)  per Choking's request. The soup was not as "maasim" as I expected it but you can really taste the fish essence in the soup. The salmon was firm but has a really soft texture once eaten.


We also had the Dinuguan (90 PHP) since Johann was craving for it. It was ok for us but thinks that they can add a little bit more vinegar to make it more flavorful. The serving was just right.



I insisted that we get the Pork Spareribs (180 PHP) as well. This I really loved and is one reason for me to go back to Milky Way. The pork was really tender and the sauce had this nice barbecue flavor in it.


Instead of rice, I got the Bacon Potato Salad (90 PHP). I liked this also since it doesn't have much of the stuff that I don't eat in potato salad. It was seasoned just right as well.


When in Rockwell, this is one place I would consider going back to.

No comments:

Post a Comment