Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Eden Nature Park and Resort

During our Davao Trip last November, I insisted to my friends that we go to Eden Nature Park in the foothills of Mount Apo. My mom never stopped raving about their salad when they visited. I was able to ask my mom's friend, Tito Lito to let his driver drive us to Eden Park since we might have a hard time if we hire a taxi.



When we got there, we were still a bit early for the buffet lunch so we joined the tour first to get us all pumped up and really hungry for the lunch buffet. The tour costs 75 PHP each. They showed us the different cottages and villas they have, the different venues, the garden where they plant the veggies and herbs they serve hydrophonics style. I suddenly remembered one of the geeky projects of our high school science class when I saw the hydrophonics facilities they have. They allowed us to sample some of the herbs as well and we were just tempted to take it back to Manila so Tom can make pasta for us. 


I really loved it when they told us that the view from Lola's Garden is of Davao City which proved I was wrong for my first guess that it was Gen. Santos City and Saranggani Bay at the back (toinks!) 


We arrived for lunch just in time. We were really hungry and looking forward to it considering how big our appetites are. The buffet lunch costs 450 PHP per person and it also includes 1 free drink.


They served Mandarin Chicken, Penne with Pomodoro sauce, Pork ribs, Salmon Provencal, Fried Rice and Mushrooms. Each dish tastes so good that I could barely describe each of them. My favorites were the mushrooms and the chicken.


What is Eden Park without their salad? They have a whole section dedicated to the fresh choices of vegetables and dressings just for it. I got the mixed greens and several juicy tomatoes with Asian dressing (highly recommended by my mom). There were chunks of suha as well which Davao is famous for. The vegetables were really fresh and crisp and you know you can't go wrong with these since they are organic as well.


We had fresh fruits for dessert but one can have the pastries and balck sambo that they prepared.


I also loved the fact as well that there was a white peacock in the dining area. It was just beautiful. Too bad it did not open it's tail.



After lunch, we just enjoyed ourselves in the Indiana Jones, a mini version of the zip line which you can enjoy around Davao. Eden also have this attraction. 



We also felt like we were kids again just going at it at the playground. Tom and Sans finally got my camera so I have decent pictures (haha).





There were other attractions we could have enjoyed as well if only we had enough time to do so. The whole time I was there, I had this crazy though of wanting to have my pre-nup shoot there...dream on! I know right!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment