Monday, February 8, 2010

Sonya's Garden: the place to heal a heart

I'm a bit late with blogging about my food, travel and whatever adventures I've had and this is one of them. Sometime last year in the middle of my "I'm heartbroken" drama, I went on a road trip with three high school friends to Tagaytay. At that time, I was craving for breakfast food at Antonio's but everyone wanted to try Sonya's Garden. I didn't really mind since I heard a lot about it and wanted to see if I'm happy with what they can give.

A friend told me how Sonya's came to be. She basically started gardening because her heart was broken and eventually decided to open her doors to the public when her friends convinced her to do so because of the great ambiance that she has created and the good quality of food that she can cook wherein the greens and herbs comes from her own garden.

Whether the story is true or not, I'm glad to have come to this place. We had their eat all you can menu but failed to make a reservation beforehand so we did not have any meat during our dinner. For 650 PHP, the dinner includes:
 -Unlimited bread with 6 kinds of spreads and pate
-Green salad with house dressing
-Pasta with Marinara and Mango Sauce
-Unlimited freshly squeezed Dalandan juice
-Chocolate cake and Turon

We loved the bread and the tomato and garlic spread as well as the salad. The mixed greens were really fresh and crunchy to the bite. For the pasta, I found the marinara sauce a bit sweet and hopefully they can make the mango sauce tastier. For chocolate cake, my only request is to make the servings bigger. 

I liked how they furnished the place and the lighting was not too bright but not to low either. I love the plants all over the place and the seats in the garden with with the white sheets hanging. I believe this is a great place for dating but for someone who went there with a broken heart just like when I did...I just felt good vibes all over.

Here are some of our pictures:

 
 Sonya's Fresh Green Salad

 
 Turon

 
 The ambiance at Sonya's Garden

 
 Some furnishings

Some pictures of us at the garden and the gift shop:




2 comments:

  1. parang ang ganda naman ng ambience dto pag gabe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup! sobra. ok nga siya na pang date e hehehe pero sobrang dami na rin ata weddings dun.

    ReplyDelete